50-Year Tradition of Service to the Bridgeport Hospital Community
During the past five decades, the Auxiliary has raised more than $4 million, helping to bring the latest technologies and the finest facilities to the hospital’s patients and staff, including
- Maternity Unit Renovations
- Coronary and Medical Intensive Care Unit Renovations
- Emergency Room Renovations (1970s)
- Burn Center – Hubbard Tank
- Linear Accelerator
- Coffee Shop Renovations
- Ambulatory Care Projects
- Surgical and Critical Care Waiting Room
- Surgical and Recovery Unit Monitoring Equipment
- Rehabilitation Unit Renovations
- Critical Care Unit Renovations
- Burn Center Renovations
- Emergency Department Expansion (2008-10)
- Gift Shop Renovations
Each year, the Auxiliary supports nursing education with scholarships and advanced education awards to students of the Bridgeport Hospital School of Nursing.
Mini-grants are made to staff members in support of patient education and other modest or short-term projects.
During the winter holidays, Auxiliary board members distribute live poinsettia plants to hospitalized patients.
Chairman of Emergency Medicine Michael Werdmann, MD, thanks Auxiliary Vice President Ilene Feldman, Fund-raising Chair Toni Zeleny, and President Judy Brown for the auxiliary's $500,000 pledge towards ED expansion.