The Center for Sleep Medicine has relocated its diagnostic services
Zzzzzzz! Does snoring—your own or your partner's — keep you awake at night? Do you find yourself nodding off after lunch? Do you have a hard time keeping your eyes open? Have you ever drifted off behind the wheel and awakened to find yourself drifting off the road?
You're not alone. At least 50% of adults say that sleepiness interferes with their concentration and makes handling stress more difficult. Worse yet: In addition to making you tired, ongoing lack of sleep can lead to serious health problems-including high blood pressure and depression. Proper diagnosis and treatment of sleep disorders may bring relief and help you attack your day with the energy it takes to do your best.
Lack of Sleep Is Nothing to Yawn About!
Take this quiz to find out if you need more sleep!
- Do you wake up often at night?
- Do you fall asleep or feel sleepy during work, dinner, or while entertaining friends or driving?
- Do you snore loudly at night?
- Have you been told you stop breathing for short periods at night?
- Do you have morning headaches?
- Do you have trouble maintaining attention and concentrating?
- Do you have difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep?
- Do you have a creepy, crawly, tingly, or burning feeling in your legs at night?
- Is your blood pressure difficult to control?
- Do you wake up in the middle of the night with heartburn or a sour taste in your mouth?
- Do you feel anxious or depressed at times?
- Do you have trouble falling asleep or sleeping through the night?
- Do you feel your sleep is not refreshing?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, you might not be sleeping as well as you think you are.
For more information please call the Center for Sleep Medicine at Bridgeport Hospital, 203-384-3817.