|Eating Better for Your Health |
It’s finally spring! Now’s the time to trade your heavy sweaters and long pants for short sleeves, sundresses and swimsuits. This season, instead of investing in the latest short-term diet craze, consider seeking the services of a registered dietitian.
The registered dietitians at the Nutrition and Wellness Center at Bridgeport Hospital can help you meet your nutrition goals, this season and all year long. Whether you would like to lose weight, gain weight or simply learn how to make better food choices, the expertise of a registered dietitian can help you navigate your way to healthier living.
- Weight Management
- Wellness Nutrition
- Management of High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol,Triglycerides/Lipids, Kidney Disease, Digestive Disorders, Liver Disease, Cardiovascular Disease, Insulin Resistance and Gestational Diabetes
- Nutrition and Cancer-Related Illnesses
- Diabetes Self-Care
- Improved Nutrition
- Malnutrition Prevention After Prolonged Illness
“Registered dietitians separate food facts from fiction and help translate the science of nutrition into information you can use,” says Bridgeport Hospital Clinical Nutrition Manager Andrea Valenti, RD, LD/N, CD-N. “We meet with each client individually to develop a personalized nutrition plan, according to his or her goals and lifestyle.” Each plan is designed to teach clients how to eat healthfully, lose or manage weight and reduce the risk of long-term disease.
- Wellness Nutrition Therapy – for adults who are interested in living and eating healthier.
- Medical Nutrition Therapy – for people whose diet is part of a larger medical therapy.
Our registered dietitians are Certified Dietitian Nutritionists and hold additional certifications in Adult Weight Management from the American Dietetic Association.
Consultations with a registered dietitian from the Nutrition and Wellness Center at Bridgeport Hospital are available by appointment with a physician referral. For more information, talk to your physician, or call 203-384-4553.