|After Go-live: Key Epic Reminders|
Our September 21 Epic go-Live date is fast approaching.
Here are some helpful reminders for providers:
- Practice in the playground – Feel tentative after go-live? Spend time in the Epic playground, where you can practice a scenario and become more comfortable using the system.
- Time out! – As a safety measure, caregivers not actively using Epic are automatically logged out after about 15 minutes. Please follow this link: http://projectepic.ynhh.org. Timeout Session under Go-To-Documents.
- Haiku/Canto anyone? – These important mobile device applications let you access Epic info and functionality. Haiku runs on an iPhone, Android phone or iPod Touch. Canto runs on an iPad. For access, go to https://md.ynhh.org to download and complete the Haiku Canto User Request Form. Please read and sign the wireless policy. Questions? Ask EpicHHeld@ynhh.org.
- After Visit Summary (AVS) – This Epic feature will help patients better understand and remember what you discussed with them during their medical visit. At the end of every visit, each patient should receive a printout of this summary. It is also a key measure of Meaningful Use compliance. The bottom of the AVS includes a patient activation code for MyChart if their primary care provider is active on Epic.
- MyChart – Saves you and the care team time while providing patients with online conveniences. Patient access to medication refills, released lab results and additional tools keep them involved with their health care and reduces phone time. Have questions or want a MyChart demonstration at your office? Contact Project Epic at: MyChartSupport@ynhh.org.
- Have questions at go-live? – First, find a Super User or ask a colleague for help. Can’t locate a Super User? Call our Service Desk at 203-688-4357 (HELP).
- What they’re saying – View the video clips on the Intranet about your colleagues’ Epic experiences. Click on “Project Epic” at the top of the home page. Then, click below the filmstrip icon at the bottom right of the Epic home page.