|Major staff promotions announced|
The responsibilities previously held by Patrick Schmincke, vice president, Clinical Administration, were recently redistributed among several current staff, effective June 15.
Areas managed by MaryEllen Kosturko, senior vice president of Patient Care Operations and School of Nursing/CNO were expanded to include the following:
- Stacy Vaeth, director of Pharmacy, is promoted to executive director of Pharmacy and Respiratory Care (including Sleep Lab and Pulmonary Function).
- Mary Christoffersen, director of Perioperative Services, Women and Infants Services, Staff Education department and Hemodialysis, is now executive director of those areas. She is also responsible for administrative and clinical management of the Women’s and Perioperative Services, and completing the Bariatric and Minimally Invasive Surgical Program.
- Gini Neglia, director of Cardiovascular, RSU and Bed Flow, is now executive director of those areas. She also oversees administrative and clinical service line management for cardiovascular services and manages the EEG service.
Marc Brunetti, vice president Administration, takes on clinical liaison for the department of Surgery, leads the Surgery CPT Committee and is administration liaison to the Orthopedic Specialty Group and incident commander for all disaster scenarios. As a result:
- Michael Tatta, director of Imaging Services and Laboratory, reports to Brunetti.
- Barry Barkinsky, manager of Emergency Management and EMS, reports to Paul Possenti, director of Trauma Services and Emergency Management.
- Possenti reports to Brunetti for all Emergency Management and EMS functions.
Gina Calder, director of Geriatrics and Patient Relations, is now executive director, Clinical Services, responsible for Geriatric Services, the Ahlbin Center for Rehabilitation Medicine, Rehabilitation Medicine, Recreation Services, Primary Care Clinics and MedEase. She is also administrative liaison for Yale New Haven Health System Occupational Health Service and reports directly to Norm Roth, executive vice president and chief operating officer.
Dan Walsh, associate director, Patient Relations and Volunteer Services, is now director, Patient Experience, responsible for Patient Relations, Volunteers, Pastoral Care and the front lobby area. He also reports to Roth.