Bridgeport Hospital embraces patient visitors, as YOU are a very important part of a patient's healing process. When you visit a patient, we ask that you please observe the following visitor rules:
- When visiting patients in the hospital, we ask that you to stop by the main desk in the lobby. Bridgeport Hospital uses a system called Visitor Confirm to check visitors in. There are self-serve computers that can be used to register as a visitor and will provide you a temporary badge to wear during your visit. We ask that you bring the badge back to an attendant at the main lobby desk before leaving the hospital.
- Personal communication devices (including cell phones) can be used in the main lobby, elevator lobbies on each floor, the cafeteria, SurgEase and Emergency Department waiting rooms, the Marsh and Perry buildings (except MRI) and the Ahlbin Centers/Primary Care Center building at 226 Mill Hill Avenue. Bridgeport Hospital offers free Wi-Fi. Patients and visitors are welcome to and encouraged to use their laptops anywhere in the hospital.
- Respect the rights of the other patient in a two-bed room. You can help by keeping noise levels low and observing the visiting hour schedule.
- Please do not smoke in the hospital or immediately outside the main doors of the hospital.
- Understand that the hospital reserves the right to restrict visitation at the patient's request or if the hospital determines that a visitor restriction is in the best interests of the patient.
- Understand that, following federal privacy laws, hospital personnel will always communicate directly with the patient. In circumstances when the patient is unable to make decisions for him/herself, hospital personnel will speak with the patient's next-of-kin or the person who holds durable power of attorney.
- Latex balloons are not permitted in the hospital because of patient and staff allergies. Mylar balloons are allowed.