Questions & concerns
- Patient Relations staff are available to resolve any concern or complaint you may have with services provided by Bridgeport Hospital. Please call 203-384-3704 ( x3704 from within the hospital ), during normal business hours, Monday–Friday.
- If you are not satisfied with the response from the hospital, you may file a grievance through the hospital's Patient Grievance Committee. Please call Patient Relations at 203-384-3704 ( x3704 from within the hospital ) for assistance.
- At any time, you may contact the State of Connecticut, Department of Public Health at 1-860-509-7400 or The Joint Commission at 1-800-994-6610.
- TTYs for hearing-impaired visitors are available with most pay phones throughout the hospital.
- Language and sign interpreters are available to patients and their companions at no charge. If you need assistance in obtaining an interpreter, please ask the nurse.
Alarms you may hear
At Bridgeport Hospital we continually test our alarm system to ensure optimum safety for patients, visitors, and staff. Don't be concerned if you hear some of these tests on our overhead speakers. Should a true emergency occur, our hospital staff will know just what to do and will provide specific instructions.
Concern for the privacy of our patients is of primary concern for Bridgeport Hospital. For this reason, we may be unable to share all patient information with all family members. We know you share our concern and will understand our desire to protect our patients.
Living Wills and Healthcare Decision-Making
For information about notary public services for patients, please call Patient Relations at ext. 3704 during normal business hours, Monday-Friday.
Bridgeport Hospital cares for spiritual needs as well as those of the body. If you or your loved one(s) seek spiritual support, a chaplain is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- You may reach a chaplain at any time by asking a staff person to page a chaplain on beeper 041.
- If you or your loved one(s) are outside of the hospital, please dial 384-3310 and ask to have the chaplain on-call paged.
Pet Therapy Program
The dogs in Bridgeport Hospital’s Pet Therapy Program make daily rounds throughout the hospital. To schedule a visit, contact the Department of Spiritual Care and Education at 203-384-3211 (x3211 from within the hospital). Click here to learn more about the program.