Bridgeport Hospital, as an integral part of Yale New Haven Health System, will be the hospital that patients choose, to which physicians and payers refer and for which healthcare personnel want to work.
We focus on four specific areas: Patient Care, Teaching, Research and Community Service.
Bridgeport Hospital is a full-service hospital and teaching institution serving the greater Bridgeport area and Fairfield and New Haven Counties. The hospital provides a comprehensive range of basic and specialized inpatient and outpatient diagnostic and treatment programs, as well as highly specialized regional clinical services. The hospital employs the latest technology and care delivery methods to enhance the clinical and service quality of its programs. Bridgeport Hospital is staffed with healthcare practitioners who form the core of its commitment to quality and performance improvement. The hospital prides itself on delivering its care in a compassionate, collaborative and cost-effective manner, and is committed to providing essential care to individuals regardless of their ability to pay.
Bridgeport Hospital is a community teaching hospital affiliated with the Yale University School of Medicine. Integral to the hospital’s commitment to clinical and service excellence, the institution supports active graduate medical education programs and training for healthcare professionals. The hospital maintains a highly respected School of Nursing as well as schools of allied health, and offers a wide array of continuing education and patient education programs.
Bridgeport Hospital is committed to advancing medical knowledge through clinical investigation. The hospital provides the infrastructure, expertise and resources to support leading clinical research.
Bridgeport Hospital provides services that respond to the community’s healthcare needs and advocates for public policies that facilitate access to healthcare and enhance the quality of life. It provides information about health promotion and disease prevention, works with community groups to improve the health of the community and promotes healthcare service careers through working with area schools.
Bridgeport Hospital, a member of Yale New Haven Health System, will be the preferred healthcare provider in our region, recognized by patients, physicians and employees for our innovative and compassionate care with superior clinical outcomes.
In carrying out its mission and working toward its vision, Bridgeport Hospital & Healthcare Services, Inc. is guided by the following values:
- We strive to be the best we can be.
- We are committed to perform at a level that exceeds expectations.
- We are continuously striving to improve ourselves through the acquisition of new knowledge and skills.
- We are friendly, warm and sincere in our communication with others.
- We respect patient/customer privacy and confidentiality.
- We refer patients or visitors to someone who can directly give assistance when they require help we cannot provide.
- We escort patients/customers personally whenever possible.
- We take ownership of complaints received from patients/customers and follow through to resolution.
- We use professional telephone etiquette when answering the telephone.
- We respect the dignity of others by giving positive feedback publicly and giving constructive feedback thoughtfully and privately.
- We are willing to offer new ideas and accept change for the better.
- Together, we create an environment where we can work with mutual respect and concerted effort to provide excellent service to our patients and customers.
- We foster and contribute to the spirit of teamwork and sharing.
- We are truthful and sincere in everything we say and do.
- We are committed to the ethical and legal treatment of all.
- We accept responsibility for our own actions and practices.
- Together, we are committed to provide an environment in which questions and the sharing of concerns are fostered in a confidential manner.
- We manage time in an appropriate manner and use material resources prudently.
- We communicate approximate “turn around” times for services and consistently meet those deadlines.
- We maintain a professional code of dress and grooming.
- We always maintain a clean and comfortable environment.
- We always promote a positive and professional image to our patients, families, visitors and the community.