Outpatient Therapy Services
Our outpatient physical, occupational and speech-language therapy services, provided in convenient locations throughout Fairfield County, focus on the unique needs of each patient. Patients are provided with a home program of exercises and activities to allow continuation of therapy benefits between rehab visits and after completion of therapy services.
Therapy services are initiated by referral from a licensed healthcare practitioner (e.g., physician, physician assistant, nurse practitioner, chiropractor, doctor of podiatry or doctor of dentistry). These services, for people of all ages, include:
- Neurological Rehabilitation to rebuild skills and function after stroke, brain injury, spinal cord injury or neurological disorder such as Multiple Sclerosis or Parkinson disease.
- Orthopedic Services to rebuild strength and flexibility if you have spine or joint surgery or a disease or injury involving the bones, joints and/or muscles.
- Foot drop and gait training services, including the use of equipment such as an unweighing system or the WalkAide System.
- Communication Therapy to address speech or language disorders, including apraxia, fluency and voice.
- Cognitive Therapy to improve skills if you have impairments related to attention, concentration, memory, problem-solving, reasoning and organization.
- Lymphedema Services to reduce and control swelling if you have an impairment of or injury to the lymphatic system using Complete Decongestive Therapy.
- Rehabilitation and prosthetic training after limb amputation.
- Hand Therapy to improve the function of your hands after injury, surgery or disease.
- Women’s Health Program/Pelvic Floor Program to assist those who have been diagnosed with pelvic floor dysfunction. This program is staffed by therapists who evaluate and treat pregnancy/post-partum pain, urinary and fecal incontinence, constipation and pelvic pain.
- Functional Arm Training to improve use of your arms and hands after a stroke, with therapy using Saeboflex, SaeboGlide, SaeboReach and Bioness.
- Cancer Rehabilitation Program to address pain, weakness, fatigue, neuropathy, scarring and other conditions that may result from cancer treatment.
- Geriatric Rehabilitation Program to improve mobility, balance, overall wellness and strength. Services also help improve activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, speaking and eating.
- Pediatric Services. Our therapists have special expertise in sensory integration, feeding disorders, burn care, ADHD and ADD, plagiocephaly (cranial sacral therapy) and autism.
Additional services available include wheelchair evaluation, orthotics assessment, vestibular rehabilitation, aquatic therapy, sports-related rehabilitation, re-conditioning and pulmonary rehabilitation. For more info, call (203) 336-7301.