Outpatient Therapy Services
Our outpatient physical, occupational and speech-language therapy services, provided in convenient locations throughout Fairfield County, focus on the unique needs of each patient. Patients are provided with a home program of exercises and activities to allow continuation of therapy benefits between rehab visits and after completion of therapy services.
Therapy services are initiated by referral from a licensed healthcare practitioner (e.g., physician, physician assistant, nurse practitioner, chiropractor, doctor of podiatry or doctor of dentistry). These services, for people of all ages, include:
- Neurological Rehabilitation to rebuild skills and function after stroke, brain injury, spinal cord injury or neurological disorder such as Multiple Sclerosis or Parkinson disease.
- Orthopedic Services to rebuild strength and flexibility if you have spine or joint surgery or a disease or injury involving the bones, joints and/or muscles.
- Foot drop and gait training services, including the use of equipment such as an unweighing system or the WalkAide System.
- Communication Therapy to address speech or language disorders, including apraxia, fluency and voice.
- Cognitive Therapy to improve skills if you have impairments related to attention, concentration, memory, problem-solving, reasoning and organization.
- Lymphedema Services to reduce and control swelling if you have an impairment of or injury to the lymphatic system using Complete Decongestive Therapy.
- Rehabilitation and prosthetic training after limb amputation.
- Hand Therapy to improve the function of your hands after injury, surgery or disease.
- Women’s Health Program/Pelvic Floor Program to assist those who have been diagnosed with pelvic floor dysfunction. This program is staffed by therapists who evaluate and treat pregnancy/post-partum pain, urinary and fecal incontinence, constipation and pelvic pain.
- Functional Arm Training to improve use of your arms and hands after a stroke, with therapy using Saeboflex, SaeboGlide, SaeboReach and Bioness.
- Cancer Rehabilitation Program to address pain, weakness, fatigue, neuropathy, scarring and other conditions that may result from cancer treatment.
- Geriatric Rehabilitation Program to improve mobility, balance, overall wellness and strength. Services also help improve activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, speaking and eating.
- Pediatric Services. Our therapists have special expertise in sensory integration, feeding disorders, burn care, ADHD and ADD, plagiocephaly (cranial sacral therapy) and autism.
- Functional Capacity Evaluation, Functional Job Analysis, and Pre-Work Demand Screening services (available at Mill Hill and Bridgeport offices).
Additional services available include wheelchair evaluation, orthotics assessment, vestibular rehabilitation, aquatic therapy, sports-related rehabilitation, re-conditioning and pulmonary rehabilitation. For more info, call (203) 336-7301.