Enrollment Requirements For Nursing and Surgical Technology Programs
A student should be in good physical and mental health. Results of the following must be submitted prior to entry:
- Pre-admission physical examination which includes drug testing. Drug testing must be administered through the Hospital's Industrial Medical Center. Failure to pass drug testing will result in withdrawal of acceptance.
- Completed immunization including the rubella, diphtheria, varicella titer, tetanus, measles, and Hepatitis B.
- Annual Tuberculin test.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification for the Healthcare Provider/Professional Rescuer.
- Background check which includes a statewide criminal history record search, a nationwide sex offender registry search, an office of the Inspector General Sanction report and a social security number trace.
- Verification of malpractice insurance.
- Verification of U.S. Citizenship or eligible non-citizen.