Upon completion of the program, students have acquired knowledge, skills, values and competencies to promote optimal health. Sequential introduction of core knowledge courses supports the core constructs and core behaviors of the nursing program. The program outcomes are:
- Synthesize knowledge from nursing theory and the biological, social, and behavioral sciences in the delivery of nursing care.
- Promote, maintain and restore health integrity using a variety of teaching and learning strategies, technologies, and resources for the achievement of optimum client outcomes.
- Use the nursing process to design, implement, manage and evaluate care for individuals, families and communities.
- Deliver nursing care that is socially responsible, environmentally sound, and culturally and spiritually sensitive for diverse populations.
- Exercise civility and reciprocal caring as a member of a multidisciplinary team within the health care delivery system.
- Apply critical thinking, and sound nursing judgment in the delivery of competent and safe care.
- Demonstrate accountability and professionalism within the framework of the nurse practice act and the legal and ethical standards of the nursing profession.