At the completion of the Surgical Technology Program, the graduate will be
- Apply principles of anatomy and physiology, microbiology and Pharmacology to
the care of the perioperative client.
- Perform perioperative technical skills in a safe and effective manner.
- Function as an integral member of the surgical team.
- Demonstrate personal and professional growth.
- Communicate effectively with patients and members of the health care team.
- Examine ethical, legal, moral and cultural issues that impact upon patient
- Prepare the intraoperative environment appropriately based on surgical
- Qualify for the certification exam in surgical technology.