||e’re here to help. Contact us at 203-384-3904 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Dr. Richard W. Kmetzo Cancer Resource Center is a warm and welcoming gateway to The Norma F. Pfriem Cancer Institute at Bridgeport Hospital. The Kmetzo Center is open to the public and to cancer patients from any hospital.
Our caring staff provides an array of free information, publications, education and support. Located on the seventh floor of Bridgeport Hospital, the Kmetzo Center is open Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Our resources include:
About the Center
- patient navigators to help patients and families understand and access cancer treatment services
- a relaxing reading room with loads of free information about cancer, cancer treatments and support groups
- a multimedia library and computer station
- areas for support group meetings and presentations
- complimentary coffee and tea
Dedicated in 2007, the Dr. Richard W. Kmetzo Cancer Resource Center was made possible in part by a generous gift from the Kmetzo family to honor Dr. Kmetzo’s memory and to thank Bridgeport Hospital for the care provided to him. Dr. Kmetzo, an optometrist, died of lung cancer in 1994 at age 42, after being diagnosed in an advanced stage of the disease. Shortly after his death, the Kmetzo family donated funds to establish a resource library in Bridgeport Hospital’s Oncology Unit. With the recent expansion of the hospital’s cancer services, the Cancer Resource Center is an extension of the original library.