f you have a symptom or a test result that suggests cancer, your doctor may order additional tests or procedures. The Norma F. Pfriem Cancer Institute at Bridgeport Hospital provides a range of highly advanced detection services for various genitourinary cancers, including:
- Radiology: Ultrasound, MRI, CT Scan, PET Scan
- X-ray (pyelogram)
- Cystography: A diagnostic procedure that uses x-rays to examine the urinary bladder.
- Cystometry: A diagnostic procedure used to identify problems with the filling and emptying of the urinary bladder.
- Cystoscopy: A diagnostic procedure in which a long, flexible, lighted tube, called a cystoscope is used to examine the urinary tract.
- Biopsy: A procedure that removes tissue or cells from the body for examination under a microscope.
- Uroflowmetry: A diagnostic screening procedure used to calculate the flow rate of urine over time.