omprehensive Coordinated Care
The Gynecologic Cancer Tumor Conference
Every patient’s treatment plan is discussed according to The National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) guidelines by the members of the Gynecologic Cancer Tumor Conference. This multidisciplinary board includes pathologists, surgeons, radiologists, radiation oncologists and medical oncologists. The conference meets regularly to review all newly diagnosed patients, and many cases are reviewed several times throughout treatment. This means that you will receive coordinated, state-of-the-art care with the least possible delay.
Of course, your treatment choices depend on several factors—your stage of cancer, any additional health problems, your lifestyle, etc. Our expert physicians provide a range of advanced, multidisciplinary healing therapies, using state-of-the-art technology, including:
- Minimally invasive (laparoscopic) surgery, including robot-assisted minimally invasive surgery for OB/GYN Conditions using the daVinci "S" Surgical System
- Radiation therapy in our dedicated Radiation Medicine Suite
- Chemotherapy in our dedicated Chemotherapy Infusion Suite
- Cryosurgery – The use of liquid nitrogen or a very cold probe to freeze and kill cancer cells
- Radical trachelectomy – Surgery to remove part of the cervix
- Clinical trials
da Vinci "S" Robot-Assisted Minimally Invasive Surgery: What Do You Need to Know?
Ask the Expert: Radiation Therapy