Babies don't come with owner's manuals. And Grandma is likely to live two states away. So The Birthplace at Bridgeport Hospital has created The New Moms and Dads Club to help first-time parents get answers to questions like these:
- Baby never cries—is that normal? Baby cries all the time—is that normal? Mommy cries all the time—is that normal?
- Any hints on how to take a two-month-old wiggler's temperature?
- How can I tell if my baby is sick?
- When will my baby start to sit up or crawl?
- Do I start childproofing my home now?
Each cycle of the club will consist of eight meetings dedicated to topics that often cause concern for new parents. (Old pros who want to brush up their infant parenting skills are welcome too!) The topics, each presented by an expert in that area, include—
- Medical Care for the Newborn
- Baby Nutrition and Growth
- Appropriate Play
- Exercise / Nutrition for Mom
- New Parent Stress
- Taking Care of Mom
- Off Into the Sunset
Bring your baby! Start at any time in the cycle of meetings. Your $35 membership entitles you to come to as many meetings, and as many cycles, as you wish, throughout your child's infancy. It's like a weekly "playdate" with other new parents and babies!
You'll get a free reference binder of the information covered at each meeting, plus great free gifts! After each program, you can enjoy a lunchtime chat with other new parents and the experienced staff of The Birthplace at Bridgeport Hospital.
Location: Medical Arts Center, 15 Corporate Drive, Trumbull.
Dates: Every Tuesday, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. (Bring your own lunches for parents and babies, and The Birthplace will provide healthy snacks and beverages!)
Join the club! For more information, call 203-384-3510.
For a brochure describing the services of The Birthplace at Bridgeport Hospital call 203-384-3510.