This delicious fall recipe uses real maple syrup instead of sugar. For an added treat, serve with a dollop of fat-free whipped topping.
- 4 large, peeled, thinly sliced McIntosh apples
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1 cup uncooked rolled oats
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- Toss sliced apples with lemon juice, cinnamon and syrup in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine topping ingredients in a separate bowl and set aside.
- Grease a 9” x 13” baking dish, and spread the apple mixture across the bottom of the pan.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes or until the apples are tender.
- Spread the topping evenly over the apples and return the baking dish to the oven. Bake an additional 20 to 30 minutes uncovered at 350 degrees until topping is crisp.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
(without whipped topping)
269 calories, 8.7 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrates, 6.3 g dietary fiber, 5.9 g protein