|New Trumbull radiation oncology programs|
Patients treated at the Trumbull Radiation Oncology Center, 5520 Park Avenue, Trumbull, now benefit from a variety of programs recently added by the facility’s staff, led by Sheida Mani, MD, chief of Bridgeport Hospital’s Radiation Oncology department and assistant clinical professor, Therapeutic Radiology department, Yale School of Medicine. These include:
• Image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT)
• 4D CT simulation, which tailors the margin of the target volume using the patient-specific breathing pattern
• Prone and supine whole-breast irradiation, to reduce the amount of irradiated lung and heart volume
• Intra-cranial stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS)
• Stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT)
For more information, call (203) 337-8700.