- The only Connecticut hospital named as one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals® for cardiovascular care by Thomson Healthcare (formerly Solucient) in 2005, 2006 and 2007
- American College of Surgeons and American Burn Association, as the only verified adult burn center between New York and Boston American College of Surgeons as a Trauma Center
- The Joint Commission (formerly JCAHO) as a Primary Stroke Center
- American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer as a Teaching Hospital Cancer Program
- The Joint Commission (formerly JCAHO)
- American Academyof Sleep Medicine
- College of American Pathologists
- American College of Radiology
- American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine
- Intersocietal Commission for Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories
- Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
- The National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission
Bridgeport Hospital is a member of Nurses Improving Care for Health System Elders (NICHE), a national geriatric nursing program.
The Norma F. Pfriem Breast Care Center is a member of the prestigious National Consortium of Breast Care Centers.
Bridgeport Hospital’s Diabetes Education Program is nationally recognized by the American Diabetes Association.