Geriatric Psychiatric Services
When a geriatric assessment shows an older adult needs treatment for a psychiatric condition, the Center for Geriatrics works with the Department of Psychiatry. Your loved one may benefit from the intensive treatment provided through our geriatric psychiatric outpatient services and/or our geriatric psychiatric inpatient services.
For some older adults, treating the common concerns of aging is complicated by psychiatric conditions and/or substance abuse. Bridgeport Hospital's REACH program provides intensive outpatient treatment that can help.
REACH offers two programs: The Partial Hospital Program and the Intensive Outpatient Program
- The Partial Hospital Program provides structured daily treatment Monday through Friday, 9:30 am - 1:30 pm
- Intensive Outpatient Program patients are seen three to four times per week, 9:30 am - 1:30 pm
Treatment is designed specifically for those facing the mental health issues that may develop as the person grows older. Treatment includes group and family therapy involving:
- Stress and anxiety management
- Medication and medical self-management
- Substance abuse support
- Behavioral and memory support
- Separation and loss support
When assessment shows an older adult needs inpatient hospital care and his or her mental health condition requires close, constant supervision, Bridgeport Hospital provides care in our Geriatric Psychiatric Inpatient Program.