Patient Navigator Program
Our Oncology Patient Navigator program is one of the distinguishing offerings of The Norma F. Pfriem Cancer Institute. Through this premier service, Bridgeport Hospital Patient Navigators are matched with patients and families to provide guidance through the journey of cancer care.
Bridgeport Hospital Patient Navigators can:
- guide you through the healthcare system, explaining policies and procedures
- help you find appropriate ways to pay for healthcare (transportation, prescriptions, nutrition and social work)
- help you schedule your cancer screenings, treatments and appointments around other commitments, such as family and work
- serve as a communication bridge between you and your healthcare team
- speak with physicians, nurses and therapists when there are language or cultural barriers
For more information about our Oncology Patient Navigators, please speak with your doctor.
For information about The Norma F. Pfriem Cancer Institute, please call 203-384-3904 or e-mail cancer resources.