Healthy Traveler Service
For people preparing to travel outside of the United States, on business or for pleasure, the Healthy Traveler Service at Bridgeport Hospital provides pre-travel consultation, recommended or required immunizations and other medications recommended for specific itineraries.
Your Appointment: What to Expect
Please schedule a travel consultation with us four to six weeks prior to your trip. Vaccines need several weeks to take effect and others require multiple doses.
Most appointments take 45 minutes to an hour. Please bring the following to your appointment:
- Your completed health questionnaire from our office
- Your past immunization records or have your doctor complete an immunization form
Payment is required at the time of service. We accept cash, checks and credit cards. Most insurance plans do not cover travel-related services. Please check with your health insurance carrier regarding pre-travel evaluation and travel vaccine coverage. If prior authorization is required this should be obtained prior to your appointment.
To schedule an appointment, please call 203-384-3613.
Group Trip Consultations
We offer special consultations for groups of eight or more travelers.
Consultations include a group review of the following:
- Recommended and required vaccines based on the travel itinerary and planned activities
- Prevention and treatment of travelers’ diarrhea, insect bites and malaria
- Handling injuries abroad
- Prevention of malaria
- Travel-related hazards, including:
- Mosquito and other insect bites
- Food and water precautions
- Motor vechicle and transportation
- Swimming and water safety
- Altitude sickness
- Animal bites
- Following the group discussion, each traveler with receive:
- Personal consultation with travel medicine clinician to review his or her health history and receive individual recommendations for immunizations and medications based on itinerary and activities
- International Certificate of Vaccination which includes documentation on Yellow Fever vaccination or waiver of vaccination (as applicable)
For more information, or to schedule a group consultation, please call 203.384.3613.
Industrial Medical Center
226 Mill Hill Avenue
Bridgeport, CT 06610
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Closed all major holidays