Visiting Hours and Guidelines
While community spread of COVID-19 is still occurring, we will continue to restrict who can visit our hospitals and who can accompany patients to appointments. We don’t like limiting visitors, but it helps reduce the risk of exposure to patients and staff. Please click below for more information.
All Visitor Information
Please call the Yale New Haven Health
call center with questions:
Visitors are currently not permitted except under the following circumstances:
Patients in the following categories will be allowed one (1) visitor per day. No visitor rotation or swapping will be permitted with the exception of end-of-life circumstances. These categories are limited to COVID negative patients only.
- ICU: 2 – 6pm
- Inpatients with a length of stay 8+ days: 2 – 6pm
- Inpatient Psychiatry: 4 – 6pm
- Inpatients with planned surgery or procedure: 1 visitor the day prior to surgery
- Patients with same day surgery: 1 visitor / support person to accompany patient
- Emergency Department: 1 designated support person for duration of visit