Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
The Center for Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Medicine offers Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT). This advanced treatment combined with traditional wound care treatment, can increase the healing process certain types of wounds.
HBOT is a medical treatment in which patients breathe 100 percent pure oxygen inside an oxygen chamber. When pure oxygen is inhaled at an increased pressure it
- Increases the effects of some antibiotics
- Activates white blood cells to fight certain infections
- Promotes the healing process of specific chronic wounds
The hyperbaric oxygen chamber can accommodate up to six people at the same time. Multi-place chambers have advantages compared to single chambers.
- A trained hyperbaric technician remains with the patient throughout his/her treatment.
- Spacious seating for patients.
- Accommodations for up to 6 people.
The hyperbaric oxygen chamber is the only hospital-based multi- place hyperbaric chamber in Fairfield County. The Center for Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Medicine is accredited by the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medicine Society.
For more information or to speak with our wound care center and hyperbaric medicine team call 203-384–HEAL (4325).