Norma Pfriem Breast Center at Smilow Cancer Hospital
Smilow Cancer Hospital is dedicated to providing comprehensive breast health and wellness services. The Norma Pfriem Breast Center offers a spectrum of breast health services with dignity, privacy and warmth, in a serene, comfortable and professional setting.
The Norma Pfriem Breast Center, one of only 500 sites nationwide accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC), is located at Park Avenue Medical Center in Trumbull, Fairfield, and at Bridgeport Hospital.
At the Norma Pfriem Breast Center, we feel it is part of our mission to support health and wellness in women and men. Wellness services, at our facility at 111 Beach Road in Fairfield and Park Avenue Medical Center in Trumbull, include Reiki and massage therapy, counseling and education, yoga, support groups and more.
View our Support Services
Mammogram Screening Guidelines*
- Women of average risk should begin routine, annual screening as early
as age 40 but no later than age 45.
- Screening under age 40 may occur for women who are at increased risk for breast cancer.
- Patients with dense breasts may benefit from annual supplementary screening which can include
breast Ultrasound or MRI screening depending on individual risk factors.
- The screening schedule should continue as long as the woman is in good health. Screening schedule should be defined as every 1-2 years.
* Source: NAPBC (National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers) and the American Cancer Society
Learn more about diagnostic mammograms