More people are experiencing the convenience of SurgEase, Bridgeport Hospital's one-day surgery center. Located in the Hill Jennings Ambulatory Care Center on Mill Hill Avenue, SurgEase shortens your separation from family and friends, and reduces your overall expense.
Your physician recommended SurgEase because complications are not expected and an overnight hospital stay is not generally needed for your procedure.
Important Reminders for Your SurgEase Visit
- If you have a cold, fever or any signs of an infection within one week of surgery, let your doctor know.
- Your doctor will tell you about any pre-operative instructions you need to follow.
- Wear comfortable, loose clothing and flat shoes.
- Arrange for someone to drive you home from the hospital. You will not be allowed to drive yourself. An adult escort must be with you when you go home.
- Leave all jewelry and cash at home. If you need to pay your SurgEase bill, please bring a check.
- If you wear contact lenses, bring the case so you can take them out before surgery. Bring your eyeglasses or hearing aid if you need them.
- Don't wear makeup, eye shadow or mascara. You may bring them to apply after surgery.
- Bring your insurance card with youl.
- Please bring a list of your medications with you. Be sure it includes the name of each medication, dosage, the reason you take the medication and the date and time of your last dose.
- Depending on the procedure, expect to spend three to five hours in SurgEase.
- Fasting guidelines: Adults - All solid food must be stopped at least eight hours before surgery. You may have clear liquids (water, sugar water, non-pulp juices, soda, coffee, tea, clear broth) until two hours before surgery. Children - All solid food, formula and non-human (cow's) milk must be stopped at least six hours before surgery. You may have clear liquids (water, sugar water, Pedialyte®, non-pulp juices, soda, clear broth, tea) until two hours before surgery. Infants -- Formula should be stopped six hours before surgery. Breast milk must be stopped at least four hours before surgery. Infants may be fed clear liquids (water, Pedialyte®, etc.) until two hours before surgery. All medications except insulin and diuretics may be taken (unless otherwise told by your anesthesiologist).
- Your doctor may advise you to bring a walker, cane or crutches to the hospital to use after your procedure. Check with your doctor about these arrangements before your SurgEase admission.
- If you cannot make your appointment, please call us at 203-384-3814 or 203-384-3782, 6:30 am - 7 pm, Monday - Friday.
- Please note: Smoking is not allowed at Bridgeport Hospital.