Outpatient Therapy Services
Our outpatient therapy services focus on the unique needs of each patient. Our rehabilitation team will work with you to develop a care plan specific to your condition and help you to return to your active lifestyle. Therapy services are initiated by referral from a licensed healthcare practitioner (e.g. physician, physician assistant, nurse practitioner, chiropractor, doctor of podiatry or dentist). Patients are provided with a home exercise program and activities to allow continuation of therapy benefits between rehabilitation visits and after outpatient therapy services are completed.
Types of Outpatient Therapy
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech-language therapy to address speech or language disorders including apraxia, fluency and voice.
- Cognitive therapy to improve skills if you have impairments related to attention, concentration, memory, problem-solving, reasoning and organization.
- Hand therapy to improve the function of your hands after injury, surgery or disease.
Medical conditions treated
- Brain injury
- Limb amputation
- Spinal chord injury
- Neurological disorders including Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinsons Disease and many more.
- Speech language disorder including apraxia, fluency and voice.
Specialty Rehabilitation Programs/Training
- Neurological Rehabilitation Program helps to rebuild skills and function after stroke, brain injury, spinal cord injury or neurological disorder such as Multiple Sclerosis or Parkinsons disease.
- Orthopedic Services to rebuild strength and flexibility if you have spine or joint surgery or a disease or injury involving the bones, joints and/or muscles.
- Foot drop and gait training services, including the use of equipment such as an unweighing system or the WalkAide System.
- Women’s Health Program: Pelvic Floor Program to assist those who have been diagnosed with pelvic floor dysfunction.This program is staffed by therapists who evaluate and treat pregnancy/post-partum pain, urinary and fecal incontinence, constipation and pelvic pain.
- Functional Arm Training to improve use of your arms and hands after a stroke, with therapy using Saeboflex, SaeboGlide, SaeboReach and Bioness.
- Cancer Rehabilitation Program to address pain, weakness, fatigue, neuropathy, scarring and other conditions that may result from cancer treatment.
- Geriatric Rehabilitation Program to improve mobility, balance, overall wellness and strength. Services also help improve activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, speaking and eating.
Our therapists have special expertise in the following.
Occupational Health services
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Burn care
- Feeding disorders
- Plagiocephaly (cranial sacral therapy)
- Sensory integration
- Functional capacity evaluation
- Functional job analysis
- Pre-Work demand screening
- Aquatic therapy
- Lymphedema services to reduce and control swelling
- Orthotic assessment
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
- Sport-related rehabilitation
- Vestibular rehabilitation
- Wheelchair evaluation
For more info, call 203-336-7301